During the winter months the instructors at Ashford like to take advantage of the cold weather by offering pony club classes. These classes give the children the opportunity to spend time with horses, learning grooming, tacking, studying colors and breeds, first aid, conformation, proper feeding and general care. They experience the true meaning of horsemanship, continue their barn friendships, and expand their equine skills. We will not be riding during these classes.
We all know that there is much more to horses than just riding. We hope to see all of our young students so they can continue learning about horses regardless of the weather!
· The program runs for 7 weeks and meets on Saturday or Sunday for 2 hours.
· Hot chocolate and snacks provided.
· Classes begin January 21 & 22. Snow day rescheduling as necessary.
· Enrollment is limited to 6 students per class.
· Classes are open to children of all ages and riding levels.
· Please sign up by Sunday, January 8th.
· 1st and 2nd year students: The United States Pony Club Manual of Horsemanship -“D-level” by Susan E. Harris
· Advanced students: The United States Pony Club Manual of Horsemanship -“C-level” by Susan E. Harris
· Folder to store handouts
· Tuition is $350, checks should be made payable to “Ashford Farm”,